Goal: The goal of this speech is for you to deliver an entertaining speech on a topic about a personal experience that had a significant influence on your personal development or which taught you a profound moral or ethical lesson about life.
Requirements: This speech is to be 5 minutes long; no longer and no less. Failing to stay within the time frame will result in a grade reduction. You are required to hand in a general purpose statement, a specific purpose statement and a central idea prior to the speech that expresses what you are going to talk about. The speech cannot be delivered without the statement.
- The speech should be structured and delivered within the time frame
- The speaker should effectively manage speech anxiety, deliver the speech in a conversational style illustrating eye contact, vocal clarity, face and hand gestures, and avoid distracting mannerisms.
- The speech should be focused and have a major point or underlying theme that is appropriate for the audience and meets assignment criteria.
- The speech should use clear, understandable and audience appropriate language.
- The speaker hands in a typed-written general purpose statement, specific purpose statement and central idea that avoids typos and grammatical errors.